Thursday, October 16, 2008

Breeder's Cup Weekend

It's coming. BC Weekend is soon to be upon us. I don't know how I will ever make a regular contribution here and keep up with my handicapping. I can tell you this, I will probably handicap the Calder Race Course card, maybe Golden Gate or Belmont and just enjoy the BC races for what they are.

One reason is that I always find these races to be very difficult as all of the entries are legitimate contenders. I suspect even the great Curlin will have to work harder than usual to pull this one off. I'm much better at capping claimers than the high class racers and have the records to prove it.

Speaking of the great Curlin, he is sure to be a huge underlay. Do not bet him in the classic at anything less than 8 to 5. Even if you think he will win. After the Cup races I will have more time to discuss handicapping and my approach. For now I will leave you with this. I believe if I can make an odds line superior to the actual odds line created by the betting collective, I have a distinct advantage over the collective. More on that another time.

No comments: