Saturday, February 7, 2009

Public Handicapper Quick Picks

Mundane day for racing at GP today. Could just as easily be at CRC, so I handicapped the day accordingly. Big Stakes day at Fair Grounds, one of my favorite tracks to play, with 3 PH races to pick. Add one from Santa Anita and you have the beginnning of a new contest.

I didn't win, or even come close, to winning The Winter of Our Discontent but did have a positive ROI for the contest.

Time is short and I lost my Fair Grounds analysis, long story, so you'll have to trust me.

Race 6


#8 Honest Man
3-1
9-2
#2 Good and Lucky
4-1
6-1
#1 Secret Getaway
9-2
7-1
#4 Grasshopper
5-1
8-1

Race 7


#7 Demarcation
3-1
9-2
#1 French Beret
7-2
5-1
#2 Jimmy Simms
9-2
7-1
#5 Diamond Tycoon
6-1
9-1

Race 9


#6 Friesen fire
3-1
9-2
#7 Giant Oak
7-2
5-1
#4 It Happened Again
4-1
6-1
#5 Uno Mas
6-1
9-1

And the Strub from Santa Anita where I am going against the favored Cowboy Cal (distance)


#5 Gio Ponti
3-1
9-2
#7 Nownownow
7-2
5-1
#1 Dixie Chatter
4-1
6-1
#9 Wishful Tomcat
6-1
9-1
#5 has demonstrated ability for the distance and the surface #7 I think this race sets up for closers and #7 qualifies on that count #1 Won the G1 Norfolk in '07 coming from off the pace. #9 will want to contend for the lead, but unlike Cowboy Cal, had won twice at the distance.

1 comment:

Amateurcapper said...

CEW,
It's great that you do the Public Handicapper and I'm gonna do it weekly thanks to your commitment. I usually handicap the stakes races anyway. Here's where I stand:
FG6:
Honest Man, My Pal Charlie, Grasshopper.
FG7
Jimmy Simms, Demarcation, French Beret
FG9
Giant Oak, Friesan Fire, Mythical Pegasus
SA9
Wesley, Nownownow, Gio Ponti

I must note that WESLEY is not the top choice on my post (NOWNOWNOW is, GIO PONTI 2nd), but I viewed the race as difficult to choose between four stretch runners. I believe he'll be a "separater" as my FG races will be in agreement with many other players.

Good luck.