Friday, January 23, 2009

This One's For Phil

Just a short one as I'm currently going through tomorrow's card for Gulfstream Park. The 7th race is 250k Sunshine Millions Dash. There is one horse in the race, This One's For Phil. Phil used to be trained by Kathleen O'Connell, a more than competent local trainer who does most of her racing at Calder and Tampa Bay with an occasional entry at GP.

I noticed that Phil has moved over to Richard Dutrow's barn. No sale as the owner is the same. No doubt, the owner thinks Phil may be too big for the limited S. Florida scene. What am I to make of this? If anyone out there knows any of the players in this scenario and can shed a little light on the topic, I'd be much obliged. If I see Ms. O'Connell tomorrow I'll ask her myself, but she'll probably be busy at Tampa.

No comments: